Live Inspired with John O’Leary
PODCAST INTERVIEW WITH MARK SCHARENBROICH
Here are John’s SHOW NOTES from the conversation with Mark:
- My shop teacher, Leroy, had a big influence on me. One day he asked how I was doing. I said fine. He said, did you think that through? Fine? Is that the kind of life you want to live? He said ask me how I’m doing. I’m GREAT. Great is something to strive for. That’s the direction I’m going.
- God gave each of us a gift. It’s our job to discover it and use it for good.
- On not so good days I still say “I’m great” and in my head I add “ful” – grateful.
- If you see something say something. When people go out of their way to help, say something; thank them.
- The right moment to tell someone they’ve had an impact on your life is right now.
- Acknowledge, honor, connect. Acknowledge means be fully present. Honor means create rich experiences for others both large and small. Connect means make it personal.
- You must be present to win. To win with friends, family or coworkers: The people in front of you have to be more important than someone on a screen far away.
- Giving just a little more than you take is honoring other people.
- Treat each night like its your first and each day likes its your last.
- If you’re waiting for the perfect day or moment, it’s not coming. As long as you are here, be grateful, take time out, embrace those around you, see their value, be interested in whats happening. That’s engagement and having an impact.
P.S. John’s multi-season archive of podcasts is filled with interviews with many other inspiring authors, speakers and leaders. I’m sure you’ll enjoy them! Nice Bike, John!